Friday, December 17, 2010

Same Time, Last Year...

I think the peppers make it look like a little Christmas plant, no?

Bitterly cold temperatures, strong winds, grey skies, and our first snow fall last night! Winter has made its appearance. I actually wasn't able to get any good pictures of the snow yesterday because it was dark by the time I got home, and today the snow is mostly melted and everything is dirty and slushy. It's great, though. A little bit of snow does get me into the holiday spirit!

This very same weekend last year is when we had the first of 3 blizzards to hit the DC area, and the pictures above are from that weekend in 2009. I am crossing my fingers that we don't have the same kind of winter this season.

2 comments:

  1. you live in DC? i didn't know that. i'm from takoma park originally. that top photo of the snow and trees is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks! We technically live in Northern VA but it's easier to say DC area, I guess. So far this year we haven't gotten as much snow as Boise :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my garden site. I appreciate the time it takes to read posts and comment. Happy Gardening!